French Polynesia brings out images on our mind of evasion, exoticism and romance.
Its known for its positive image, its beautiful beaches and amazing ocean colors.
At Michi Moments Travel we commit to our passion, which is offering the traveler the possibility of feeling nearness with the locals daily life.
This may be through culture, nature, gastronomy and other activities but mainly through people.
Our philosophy is to aim on finding unique moments for you to choose how you wish spending your vacations on these paradise islands
A place where all ages will find locations and moments to take pleasure in and remember for a lifetime
Here are some ideas on how you can take part on Polynesia life and enjoy Tahiti and her islands!
All are custom made for you
Nautical and water related:
– Coral reef excursions, snorkeling reef tour, luxury private dive, scuba diving excursions and underwater diving school
– Circle island by boat or other nautical excursions, open ocean excursions, catamaran cruises
– Species and marine mammals observation. Let us know if you have any specific interest when they are more numerous or their reproduction season
– Plenty options on motor boat & sailing boat rental, charters and excursions: catamaran and other cruises, deluxe cruising yachts
– Kayak rentals or excursions, jet ski, water-skiing, windsurfing, kitesurfing / kitesurfing school, surfing (and school)
– Underwater viewing room boat tour, diving helmet excursions, glass bottom boat, submarine excursions,
– Deep sea sport fishing
Hiking: For hikers of all level. From family walk to the athletic hiker level.
Some examples of hikes:
– valleys cut by refreshing rivers and waterfalls
– paths through luxuriant tropical vegetation
– vertiginous crests leading to heights of more than 2000mts (6500 ft)
– seashore paths bordering remote creeks
Simple* and short* hikes
– the entrance is generally easy with wide and developed paths
– accessible by car for beautiful walks to vertiginous crests
– panoramic views of the peninsula
– waterfalls, gardens, villages, cliffs, caves, sanctuary for seabirds, high cliffs, endemic flora, fruit plantations (melon, pineapple, vanilla, etc)
– cultural paths such as “pathway of the ancestors”, sacred sites, pedagogical agriculture circuits
*Even if some hikes seem easy, it is always recommended (even vital) to hire the services of a licensed guide.*Your guide is familiar not only with the terrain, flora, and fauna but with Polynesian culture.
Their role is an added value due to their knowledge of unknown sites and giving you nearness to their lives.
Some very challenging* and more difficult* hikes:
– river crossings, pathways which are slippery and/or carpeted with roots
– particularly crumbly volcanic rocks
– to Fautaua waterfall
– the crossing of the peninsula (Tahiti) either by the interior or by the cliffs – requires a minimum of 2 days hiking
– the ascent of Mount Aorai (2066 mts – 6714 ft) – requires 2 days
– the Faraura waterfall, a very aquatic and athletic hike
– the ascent to Mount Rotui (900 mts) and other mountains or Mounts
– the crossing of Moorea island (east-south)
*Requires good physical conditions and the the service of a professional guide are highly recommended. An added value which will take you to splendid and untouched sites.
Adventure, sports and active: mountain trek, canyoning among lava sculptures, 4WD expeditions, safari land, go carts, quad bike, guided mountain bike rides, kayak rentals and excursions, golfing
Green and eco-tourism, sea turtles protection center, dolphin and whale watching expeditions, swim with humpback whales and wild dolphins (with strict rules of conduct), bird watching. Horseback riding is an unbelievable experience here.
Michi Moments innovative ways to see the islands – Art & Culture:
Private picnics: on a “motu”, go out fishing with a local and cook with his wife, art galleries and workshops visits to the artist studio, food markets, gastronomy tour, cuisine lessons, botanical excursions, museums.
Tahitian cosmetics course, photography, pearl farm visit, vanilla plantation visit.
Archaeology, art & craft industry, contemporary artists, mythology and legends, painting and literature.
Aquatic and nautical related activities schools.
Relaxation centers & Spa: deep ocean spa, wellness centers, classical spa.
Other: Helicopter tours, parasailing, private helicopter pilot training and perfection. Aerial acrobatics pilot school.